11.21.2011

A Garage Gym Thanksgiving!

I am so excited to cook for Thanksgiving dinner at my house for the first time!  Here's a look at the menu...

Turkey (of course)
Mashed sweet potato and apple
Stuffing made with brown rice bread
Cranberry sauce (not from a can, sweetened with apple juice, orange juice and a little honey)
almond flour biscuits
spring mix salad
Pumpkin pie with a ground hazelnut-pecan crust (never tried it before... we'll see how it goes!)
Apple-Blackberry crisp
something with carrots and beets... haven't decided yet. The in-laws won't be thrilled with beets, but I'll guilt them in to  trying them!

It'll certainly be cozy at my little kitchen table with 8 of us,  but I'm so thankful to have such a beautiful family to share the holidays with. We are  truly blessed. I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment